East Anglian Events (We) as operator of the East Anglian Websites (www.eastanglianevents.co.uk and www.eatickets.co.uk) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. When we refer to “you” in this policy, this includes all users of our website, ticket purchasers who make any bookings via it and any other members of that attendees’ party, event organisers, individuals or partnerships, members of event organisers’ staff or any other individual about whom we collect or receive personal data.
Our relationship with you
East Anglian Events has a relationship with event organisers (“Organisers”) for whom we facilitate tickets sales and Ticket Buyers (“Buyers”) for whom we facilitate ticket purchases. East Anglian Events facilitates online sales of tickets between Organisers and Buyers.
East Anglian Events does not host or organise events: it only provides an online ticket selling service. Therefore, East Anglian Events has no direct responsibility for any events listed through its online booking service.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is East Anglian Events. We will provide your personal information and data to the event organisers or operators of events that you book via our site. Where we do this, the event organiser or operator will be the data controller in respect of that data or information, and you should contact them if you have any queries in relation to any use or disclosure that they may make of your information or data.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites or uploading any content to it.
- This includes information provided at any time when applying to book any tickets.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of any communication between you and us.
- Details of any booking for any events including your email address, and event(s) booked.
- Details of your visits to our site, which may include, but not be limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers except your card payment details. We use Stripe to handle all payments. They are a global provider in taking payments. You can see all their information at www.stripe.com.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in what we consider to be the most effective manner for you and for any equipment you may use to access our site.
- To provide you with information, services that you request from us or which we consider may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To consider and communicate with you in relation to any booking you make via our site.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
- Where we propose to make any goods or services available to you in accordance with the previous paragraph, we will give you the opportunity for us not to use this data in this way.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will provide your personal information and data to the event organisers or operators of events that you book via our site. Please also see the section headed “Data Controller” above. We will disclose your information to Stripe.com (Stripe) in order for them to process and deal with any payments from you (and for further information about the role of Stripe please see their terms and conditions).
We will also disclose personal information if we are under a duty or are required by law or regulation to disclose or share your personal data.
We will never sell or disclose your details for marketing purposes
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Payment and Refund Policy
The full price for your tickets (including a booking fee if applicable) will be reflected on the confirmation screen prior to you clicking the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
This must be paid at the time of booking and will be deducted from the credit, charge or debit card you enter when making your booking. Payment of that amount will be collected by Stripe.com, on behalf the Organiser. By entering your card details at the time of booking you authorise Stripe.com to debit that amount from your card and we confirm that Stripe.com will pay the relevant amount over to the Event Organiser after deduction of any transaction fees that the Organiser has agreed Stripe.com may retain and any commissions payable by the Organiser to us.
Once you have purchased tickets through East Anglian Events the price paid for your tickets is non–refundable and that booking cannot be altered unless consent is given by the Organiser.
We act as agents for the organisers’ events included on this site. We do not charge you any fee for making a booking through this Site although Organisers may choose to add our transaction fee to the booking total. We will be entitled to receive a transaction fee from the Organiser in respect of any booking you make through this Site (whether or not the Organiser wishes to add that fee to the face value of the tickets purchased)
Whilst we have put in place arrangements for the organisers to have up to date availability via this Site, there may be occasional instances where there is a system error or other administrative problem and the event that you have booked is not available for the dates that you have booked for. If this happens, it is the organiser’s responsibility to inform you as soon as possible and to make arrangements for you to receive a refund excluding any booking fees paid. In these circumstances we may sometimes process that refund and/ or inform you of the need to cancel.
By accepting these terms and conditions you also accept the individual terms of each event that you are purchasing tickets for. Terms for each event are located in the description and by clicking the event terms link above the tickets box.
If you have any concerns, lost tickets or wish to contact us for any other reason please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to East Anglian Events, c/o 13 Ormesby Road, RAF Coltishall, Norwich, NR10 5JR